While we have been carrying out significant improvements to Farlam Hall during this lockdown period we have also been preparing to welcome you back to a safe environment.
We are aware that many of you may have concerns about staying with us but rest assure that you can stay with confidence and with this in mind we ask you to read the precautions and procedures that we have put into practice.
If this does not answer your concerns please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
In response to the COVID 19 pandemic we have enhanced our exacting standards.
The change we have implemented are in line with the guidance we have received from HM Government, Public Health England and the National Health Service supported by specific advice from UK Hospitality.
Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance and advice, we will continuously review and update immediately.
As we are managing a public health issue, we expect the full support and cooperation of our guests and our team. Only through our collective efforts can we successfully combat COVID 19.
General Practices and Protocols, Enhanced cleaning and Disinfection Policies
- All team members will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) on a regular basis
- All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell
- All team members will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating
- All team members will be required to wear PPE as appropriate
- The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain physical distancing, wherever possible
Our Valued Guests
- You will be asked to complete a pre arrival health questionnaire and return it prior to arrival
- Please respect the social distancing measures in place
- We may aske you to wear PPE
- We have cleaned your bedroom with extra care and sanitised it
- We have removed non-essential items to minimise any contamination risk
- An amenity kit will be available on request which includes sanitiser, wipes and face covering
- We have placed individual amenity bottles in bedrooms, please feel free to take any away that are partly-used as they will be disposed of when you depart
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom
- Cash will not be accepted, unless arranged by prior agreement
- Due to the COVID-19 restrictions currently in place, some of our activities, services and facilities are unfortunately limited or not available
- The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained
- Physical distancing measures will be in place in all common areas
- A one-way system throughout the hotel will be implemented where possible
- Signage will be displayed in all common areas to reinforce social distancing message
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided throughput the hotel
- Housekeeping will be available on request only, guests to vacate room and ventilate prior to housekeeping staff entering
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (Door knobs, TV Remote)
- The Duty Manager is our designated, responsible contact person for all staff and guest COVID-19 related queries
Our Business Partners
- We will be receiving visitors and contractors to site by appointment in advance only
- Deliveries will only be received at the door; suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment
- Access to back of house areas restricted to staff only.
General Practices & Protocols, Food & Beverage
- Inside our restaurant, we will only be accommodating a maximum of two households per table. If you are from more than two households, you will have to sit in separate tables to accommodate the guidelines set by UK Government
- We have reduced the number of tables in the dining room
- We have expanded dining hours
- We will limit table linens and have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods
- Breakfast will be available from an a la carte menu
- Salt and pepper shakers will be removed and available on request.
- They will be sanitized after each use
- We will not accept cash payments unless arranged by prior agreement
- Single use menus will be in place
Our team’s commitment to you
All team members are required to:
- Stay home when unwell
- Practice good personal hygiene including regular hand washing
- Maintain social distance
- Wear PPE where appropriate
- Follow the company’s COVID-19 Secure operating procedures
We have staggered our team’s shifts and days of service
We have implemented a standard that our teams will not be assigned to complete any tasks with more than two team members assigned unless they are working outside
Our team have and will receive ongoing training
Our team have new “no contact” protocols –including handshakes
Finally, we ask that as a guest at Farlam Hall you commit to the following
- If in the unfortunate case, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay
- It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home. You will be refunded the balance of your stay
- We ask that everyone respects the 1m+ social distancing guidance, because we care about your wellbeing
- And finally, please treat our team and your fellow guests with kindness and respect; this is a difficult time for all of us
We can’t wait to see you soon. Travel safe and stay well